M.A.N 8.150-G90 (Wondering Nomads)

Introducing TC : "...it's not the destination, it's the glory of the ride." (E. Monkton)

General Information

Base Vehicle
MAN 8.150 FAE, (Front steering, Allrad 4x4, Einzelbereifung / single tires)
Cooperation between MAN and Volkswagen, chassis and drive train by MAN, cab from the Volkswagen LT series.
LHD or RHD
LHD
Year of manufacture
Engine
MAN D0826 GF, 6-cylinder, 6.871 cm³, 155bhp
No turbo charger, no electronic
Drive type
Permanent 4x4, rear axle and transfer gear box differential lock, gear reduction 1:1.72 (crawler gear)
Gearbox
Original 5 speed manual ZF gear box, replaced by a 6 speed manual gear box with 6th gear 1:0.8 ratio (ZF S6-36)
Suspension-wheels/tyres
Front suspension original 7-leaves, 9-leaves rear.
Continental MPT81 335/80 R20 or Michelin XZL with inner tube on split ring rims.
For more comfortable and less off-road driving currently on Hankook AMS 15+ on 11.75-22.5 rims tubeless and beads (self-balancing).
Wheel Base
Wheel base 3,5m
Fuel Capacity
385l single diesel tank
Truck weight (kg)
7,450 kg, so can be used with normal car drivers license - if you have an old one. Trucks rated weight is 8t.
Reason for base vehicle
We bought the truck camper second hand and loved the layout, therefore not much choice on the vehicle. BUT I like MAN as a producer of reliable trucks and the G90 series has been used by the Danish and Dutch army for a while (but mainly with the 8.136 version - only 136 bhp). The vehicle has no frills which can go wrong and I can do some maintenance or repairs myself. Parts are still available.
You do not have permission to view the full content of this item. Log in or register now.

Item information

Added by
Wondering Nomads
Views
Watchers
Last update